Area Headquarters of Bangladesh Navy
Bangladesh Navy Ships and Establishments are mainly situated in three regions of the country known as:
- Dhaka Naval Area.
- Chittagong Naval Area.
- Khulna Naval Area.
For effective Command, Control and Administration, seven Administrative Authorities function under NHQ. The organogram is shown below:
- Commander Chittagong Naval Area (COMCHIT). Responsible for administration, training and logistic support to the Ships/Establishment in Chittagong naval area.
- Commodore Commanding BN Flotilla (COMBAN). He is the Flotilla Commander in Chittagong Naval Area. Responsible for sea operational activities and operational sea training.
- Commodore Commanding Khulna (COMKHUL). Responsible for administration, training, operation and logistic support for Khulna naval area.
- Commodore Superintendent Dockyard (CSD). Responsible for repair and maintenance of BN Ships/Craft.
- Administrative authority Dhaka (ADMIN DHAKA). Responsible for administration, training and logistic support for naval area Dhaka.
- Commodore Naval Aviation (COMNAV). Responsible for Naval aviation wing.
- Commodore Special Warfare Diving And Salvage (COMSWADS). Responsible for special warfare diving and salvage operations for naval area.